From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
I received this from Juergen Backhaus and thought members might
be interested:

Seventh Annual Heilbronn Symposium in Economics and the Social
Sciences on Christian Freiherr von Wolff (1679-1754).  This
symposium will be held from June 22 - 25, 1995.

250 years ago, Christian Wolff received an imperial knighthood in
recognition of his scholarly work.  Wolff had presented a system
of political economy which he embedded into a Leipnizian general
philosophical system.  He may have been the first scholar in
Europe to have received such a high recognition on the basis of
his scholarly work.  The purpose of this conference is threefold.
 According to the Heibronn tradition, this seventh Heilbrunn
Symposium in Economics and the Social Sciences will explore
Wolff's work from the point of view of contemporary theory.
Secondly, we want to ask whether Wolff's work stands up to the
contemporary practical needs of policy and scholarship.  Thirdly,
it is an important mission of the Heilbronn symposia to present
the international community of scholars in political economy and
the social sciences with the German language heritage in our
discipline.

The confernce will be held in Heilbronn on the Neckar (June 22 -2
5, 1995).  The conference site is the traditional Schiesshaus at
less than five minutes' distance from the railroad station.  On
Thursday June 22, at four o'clock pm conference participants will
gather at the big clock in front of the railroad station.  The
tour will lead you to the site of the meeting, the traditional
Schiesshaus, through high-points of the local history and
geography of the city to the erstwhile Rathaus, where the tour
will end.  Afterwards, we shall have dinner and a chance to get
to know each other.

Send your correspondence to Professor Dr. Juergen Backhaus,
University of Limburg/Maastricht, Department of Economics, P.O.
Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands.  Tel: (31)-43-88 36
36.  Fax: (31)-43-25 84 40.

Ross B. Emmett, Augustana Univesity College, Camrose, Alberta
CANADA   T4V 2R3   voice: (403) 679-1517   fax: (403) 679-1129
e-mail: [log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask]