From:
Steve Kates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:50:25 +1100
Many things disturbed me about the movie “Inside Job”  but
dishonesty amongst the economists interviewed was not one of them.
Everyone spoke from within a consistent and generally mainstream
position. Economists may differ, but it is seldom in my experience that
we do not get an honest personal assessment, and I say this even about
people I profoundly disagree with. My edited collection on Macroeconomic
Theory and its Failings contains the views of economists from every
major non-mainstream tradition. We all differ over matters of theory and
policy but I doubt many of us disguise our true beliefs in what we
write. If there is a problem in economics, it is not an ethical problem,
it is a problem related to the nature of those economic theories
themselves.

Dr Steven Kates
School of Economics, Finance
    and Marketing