From:
Henry Sweets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2015 16:33:28 +0000
Arianela and Everyone -

Rockwell did illustrate both Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. 15 of the 16 original oil paintings for the two books are owned by the Mark Twain Museum in Hannibal and are on display. The Fence Painting scene was sold about 1941 and is now owned by the Farnsworth Art Museum in Rockland Maine. It is on loan to us. So one can see all 16 original paintings in our Museum.

The preliminary sketches for the Tom Sawyer paintings were given to the New Bedford Public Library. Before Rockwell died, lithographs were made and we also have a set of the lithograph preliminaries on display.

The two books with the Rockwell illustrations are available through our museum store.

Henry

Henry Sweets, Executive Director
Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum
120 North Main Street