From:
Robert E Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:50:03 -0400
The PDF discussion of Sam Clemens campsite on the Nevada Shore of Lake
Tahoe is now readily available online at
https://futureboy.us/twain/2014Version6Total.pdf thanks  to Alan Eliasen,

This is the work of a number of Nevadans who set  out to find and
understand historic documents that spoke to the question,  approaching the issue in
the traditional approach of historians: "Where do the  facts lead us?" It
avoids drawing empirical conclusions from descriptions Twain  wrote in a book
written to entertain. Nor have we reinterpreted Twain's wording  to fit a
preconceived notion or avoid an uncomfortable fact.

I repeat my offer of a free paperbound copy of the documents and narration
to those who have interest or need for a library copy. Thanks to all who
asked  for the PDF by email, which is, of course, also still available
directly from me, [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) .

Twain Forum members are encouraged to send questions, corrections, comments
 and critiques. Having undergone peer review, which included government
land  surveyors, we continue to seek peer reaction.

Robert E. (Bob) Stewart
Carson City Nevada