From:
"Harriet E. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2019 10:25:25 -0700
 In his letter of 9 December 1877 Orion included a clipping from the
Keokuk *Gate
City* that reported on the *Elbow Room* fraud, based on information he had
supplied. SLC referred to Sir John Franklin because Orion had also sent his
manuscript of a story he was working on about arctic exploration and
descent to the center of the earth.
Harriet Smith, Mark Twain Project

--
Harriet E. Smith