From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 11:33:18 -0500
_Innocents Abroad_ (1869) seems a great place to look, since it was his
first book, and seems needlessly wordy in many places. Was he trying to
fill pages in order to hit the large size demanded by the subscription book
market?

The prose of IA provides a useful contrast to his writing in other genres
at the same time, e.g., his letters, and articles for Buffalo Express, are
more concise.

Great idea, but I don't know if anyone has researched this!

Take care
Taylor