From:
David Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 23:02:42 -0600
Dear Bob....

It is insane in all cases to worry about what dead writers might have said.
Read the words, put them away, and enjoy them for the way they were given to
you.

Who really gives a damn whether Mark Twain "might have thought" something.
If Mr. Clemens were alive today, he would be probably have a lot to say to
the lot of you, who perpetuate your own self-importance by trying to figure
out what the hell he might have said. He's dead. Get over it.

David Butler. St. Louis, Missouri.