From:
Alan Kitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:15:03 -0400
If you saw Holbrook 40 years ago you may be stating the case for Kilmer doing Twain at the same age. Ive seen clips of him as Twain and as a performer he is as capable.

But he does not have to survive comparison if those who would compare the two are dead. Then the only way to compare is recordings. I have seen Holbrook live four times and watched several recordings - both his and Kilmer - many more.

Both have credibly interpreted the iconic original. The difference will be the material. This raises the question of audience. Will the sAme material inspire a younger audience - and will a younger Twain appeal to them more?

As a Twain interpreter I am dying to see how it comes out.
Alan

Sent from my iPhone