From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1993 16:07:57 -0700
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 30 May 93 15:51:36 PDT
From: Thomas Dell <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Twain e-texts

More information.

Here are the volumes I have. I'm willing to scan in anything
that someone is willing to proofread:

Following the Equator
The Innocents Abroad
A Tramp Abroad
The Prince and the Pauper
The American Claimant, etc.
Christian Science [scanned, not proofread]
Pudd'nhead Wilson
The Gilded Age
Roughing It
Life on the Mississippi
The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg, etc.
Literary Essays
The $30,000 Bequest, etc.
Sketches New and Old
A Connecticut Yankee [completely done]
Tom Sawyer [scanned, I will proofread next week]
Tom Sawyer Abroad, etc. [almost everything is done]
Huckleberry Finn

To proofread you must have a copy printed before
1917 (preferably from "The Works of Mark Twain" but
it doesn't have to be.) I can provide a few chapters
at a time, or all at once.

The shortest books above are "The Prince and the Pauper"
and "Christian Science". Some books have smaller type
than others -- the larger type scans better, and fewer
corrections are needed. All the two volume books have
large type, fortunately.

I've appended a list of works Internet Wiretap has
released. Since we are trying not to duplicate the work
Project Gutenberg is doing, it would be nice to have
more obscure works done as well. We aren't limited to
Twain either, anything PD will do.

Tom

  Mark Twain: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
  /Library/Classic/yankee.mt

For access via Gopher, use the path:

  Internet Wiretap
    Wiretap Online Library
      Classics
        (name of text)

All files are released into the Public Domain,
and were prepared by the Internet Wiretap.

-----

A catalog of all files released by Wiretap
in 1993, to date:

173718  abroad.mt     Mark Twain: Tom Sawyer Abroad
 22762  adam.mt       Mark Twain: Excerpts From Adam's Diary
 14195  adams.in      John Adams: Inaugural
 13216  cask.poe      Edgar Allan Poe: Cask of Amontillado
121305  detective.mt  Mark Twain: Tom Sawyer, Detective
387515  devils.txt    Ambrose Bierce: Devil's Dictionary
201055  flatland.txt  Edwin Abbott: Flatland
 13373  ghost.mt      Mark Twain: A Ghost Story
 14434  niagara.mt    Mark Twain: Niagara
 34485  pit.poe       Edgar Allan Poe: The Pit and the Pendulum
 25674  pitcairn.mt   Mark Twain: The Great Revolution in Pitcairn
 11404  telltale.poe  Edgar Allan Poe: The Tell-Tale Heart
643752  yankee.mt     Mark Twain: A Connecticut Yankee

--Tom