From:
Tracy Wuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:58:50 -0500
Hello all,

The folks at the AHSA asked me to promote this call for proposals:

*February at the Red Lion Inn (Stockbridge Mass.)*

*The Weekend before Valentines Day*

The AHSA is considering throwing a “For Publication” mini-conference at the
Red Lion Inn. The Red Lion is the grand-daddy of New England Inns, but with
gorgeous up-dated rooms and an outdoor all-year round hot-tub. This is
Norman Rockwell and ski country, also.

The conference would be for Thursday Friday Saturday of February (9th-11th).
Everyone coming would have a place on the program as chair/responder or
presenter and the sole object of the mini-conference would be to help
advance publication plans for books and articles by advice from other
scholars. Presenters could bring questions, pages, chapters, or anything
else and receive professional feedback.

Sessions would be held from 9 to noon to allow for skiing and wintering in
the Berkshires. Room rates would be around $159  plus tax for rooms that
usually go in the high $200-350 range. Registration $25.

Would people who are interested or willing to commit relatively soon please
email Dave Sloane at [log in to unmask] at once so that we can tell if we
have enough positive interest to go to stage 2 planning. Thanks everyone.

***

The "Humor in America" blog has an announcement section for conferences,
journal issues, and other events at:

http://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/announcements/

We have posted a few new announcements in addition to the above recently.
 If you have announcements, feel free to email me.

If you haven't checked out the "Humor in America" blog recently, you have
missed out on some fine articles:

The Time I Performed Standup Comedy
Naked<http://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/the-time-i-performed-standup-comedy-naked/>
by
Steve Brykman

Humor Studies: An Interview with Don
Nilsen<http://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/2011/09/19/interview-with-don-nilsen/>

Mark Twain and Medicine: A Review of
Sorts<http://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/mark-twain-and-medicine-a-review-of-sorts/>
by
Richard Talbot

‘Cause Life Ain’t
Funny<http://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/life-aint-funny/>
by
Sharon McCoy

WIT AND HUMOR ON RADIO AND
TELEVISION<http://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/2011/09/09/wit-and-humor-on-radio-and-television/>
by
Sam Sackett

Sagebrush Comedian: The Passing of Cactus
Pryor<http://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/sagebrush-comedian-the-passing-of-cactus-pryor/>
by
Jason Mellard

I recommend them one and all.  And please consider submitting for
publication.

Best,

Tracy Wuster