Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 08:15:50 -0800
For those who are interested in how one writer influences
another, I would like to send a book (to be published by
a large NY house in Nov 95).  I've convinced the publisher
to furnish up to fifty free copies to members of MT Forum.

This novel does not imitate Twain, but is seriously
influenced by his work (especially CY).  I tried to write
a book that MT would enjoy reading were he alive today.
The book shares Twain's sardonic point of view, and
(I fear) his general low opinion of the human race.

I'm not asking for reviews or class adaptations.  I only
want the forum to know that such a book exists.  If you
have an honest interest in the influence of one writer
on another, and wish to be on the list for a comp copy,
please send me your mailing address (or query) to
Please do not post to the list.
Thank you.

Jack Cady Writer-in-residence
Pacific Lutheran University