From:
Larry Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:01:31 -0500
Jocelyn--

I'm sorry to read that you're leaving the forum.  Although I understand and
have felt similarly at different points, I urge you to reconsider.  In the
spirit of an historic speech given just a couple of days ago, I ask you to
maintain an association with a group that has merit despite the wrongheaded
remarks of a vocal inividual. I appeal to you in part out of selfishness: if
sensible people leave, there will be little reason for other sensible ones
to stay and others to join.

It is, of course, frustrating to have a particularly stubborn member not
learn from repeated calls to show some sensitivity.  I take this opportunity
to point out to David Fears that his activity on the forum is having a
deleterious effect.  I would encourage you, Fears, to grow up (resist your
adolescent inclination to reply with lame wit), apologize for your mistakes,
and be considerate in subsequent posts.  If you cannot do this, then I would
call on the list administrator to do something about it.  If either of these
conditions are not met, the list faces the likelihood of abandonment from
other intelligent, mature voices like Jocelyn Chadwick's.

--LH