From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2013 17:56:48 -0600
As a friend on this list who emailed me about his own efforts to master both
guitar and banjo, I managed to learn to play both equally bad, and perhaps
this colors my view of being able to easily play both. Seriously, I did not
mean to imply that Twain or anybody else could not at least strum chords on
a four or five (or six or seven!) string banjo something like they would on
guitar. I was talking about 19th century banjo playing, not blue-grass, but
I see how my comments would seem to imply otherwise.

On the subject of "Mark Twain's guitar" I hope that anyone curious about
that topic will google that subject (the owner invoked the Mark Twain Papers
and the US Bureau of Engraving and Printing to support his assertion), and
then google the name of the owner and read about the lawsuit against him in
which he mounted an imaginative defense when he stood accused of copyright
infringement, and draw their own conclusions.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive