From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:25:33 -0500
There are good sound recordings of James Whitcomb Riley still available.
This is interesting since MT once touted Riley as the best story teller
going, as in his essay "How to tell a story."  And we know that MT sometimes
read some of Riley's works, sort of mimicking Riley.  Mary Boewe has written
about all of this, though her essays can be a bit hard to track down.

Riley reading out loud is available on vinyl LPs -- the Indiana Historical
Society has them, for instance.  I happen to own some tapes of these.  He
was a real hoot to listen to.

Harold K. Bush, Ph.D
Saint Louis University