From:
John Greenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 2011 11:46:25 -0400
you can find a whole BUNCH of newspaper articles at:
http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks09/0900821h.html#TOC3_488

The Alta articles begin with Dec. 14th, 1866

you might also find articles and letters in THIS index:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search.html/?default_prefix=author_id&sort_order=downloads&query=53

hope this helps!
:-)
-john