From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2013 13:49:29 -0700
For those who may be interested in such things, I've plotted all the
points mentioned in the Quaker City Itinerary that could be found with
Google Maps.  Kefr Hauwar remains in hiding although references do pop
up for it.  I've differentiated between the Quaker City ports of call
and the additional sites visited by Mark Twain.  I've much to do in the
way of filling out details and descriptions of these sites but they are
mapped.  The first page of my Innocents Abroad pages
http://bscottholmes.com/twain/innocents
has a map of all the QC ports of call.  The individual chapters have
maps of those sites related to the chapter (in as much as such
correlations can be made).

David Fears, author of the Day By Day series, has been good enough to
send me a PDF of his 1867 entries, the year of the excursion.  As time
allows, I will be adding additional points of interest and fleshing out
details.  The site accepts comments, although I need to okay them before
they get published, so if you feel so inclined by all means make
comment.

This site is not a commercial endeavor.  It's sole purpose is to allow
me to exercise my brain in order to retain what little analytical skills
I have left.

My thanks to all who have contacted me about this work.