From:
Mac Donnell Rare Books <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2020 16:00:27 +0000
You can buy your very own Becky Thatcher dress on ebay. Many are listed.

I have a mass of Elder Manufacturing Co. advertising items relating to
Mark Twain shirts and pants, especially their Tom Sawyer Apparel
clothing line, but I've never found any for the Becky Thatcher dresses.
Some of their 1940s-50s Hawaiian and "party" shirts are pretty wild, and
I have examples of their shirts and even their pants, but I had to draw
the line at a Becky Thatcher dress. Where would I wear it? And how
embarrassing would it be if somebody else showed up at the party (or
Twain Conference) wearing the same dress?

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive