From:
Harold Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2008 01:52:40 -0500
Mono Lake is pretty unusual terrain in the lower 48.  I've been there
before, and drove through there again in May, just after ALA in San
Francisco.  It leads up into Yosemite and the drive through the
Sierras there is quite spectacular.  The lake itself, other than the
fact it is water, looks like something on the moon, or Mars 50 million
years ago.  Mono=Moon??

I wonder if it has been in some films?  Reminds me of the splashdown
in the original Planet of the Apes.

Thanks for the info, Kent.

Harold K. Bush
St. Louis, MO