From:
Mike Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:27:27 -0500
What position did Twain play?

Michel L. Stone
STONE & SUTTON, P.A.
116 East Fourth Street
Panama City, Florida  32401
(850) 785-7272  office
(850) 785-7094   fax

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Twain Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kent Rasmussen
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Public perceptions of Mark Twain

A correspondent sent me this note from a Green Bay Packers discussion group. I believe it's worth sharing.

Erik from Sanford, FL
Vic, didn’t you get the memo? Everything old is bad and everything new is good. How many times as a Packers fan have I heard that nine of our
13 championships we won don’t count because they didn’t call the game the Super Bowl prior to January 1967. It’s the same ridiculous historical bigotry that can make a man as great as Jim Brown nothing but your average running back today, in some folks’ minds. According to reports, Secretariat would have beaten American Pharoah at Belmont by two seconds. How can that be? Everything old is bad. Nobody that did anything a long time ago was any good, except Mark Twain.

---