From:
Taylor Roberts <USERTAYR@UBCMTSG>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1992 18:49:14 PST
To Mike Dooris: Thanks for the note about David Carkeet's _I Been There
Before_.  I've been trying to find this book in several libraries
without luck, and once I tried to special order it but learned that it
was out-of-print.  I'll definitely try again, though, this time with
the Interlibrary Loans Dept.

Since you asked about the interests of people on this list, I'm not
a professional Twainian either, but am a grad student in theoretical
linguistics of all things.  I started this list in order to learn
more about Twain in an informal atmosphere, and IMHO it's serving
this purpose quite well....

Best regards,
Taylor Roberts
Univ. of British Columbia