From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:43:15 -0700
What a wonderful book.  I just acquired what was a library copy for $20
through Amazon.  I know some railroad aficionados who would enjoy the
Great Northern photographs on page 66.  The photo on page 67 is dated
as August 9.  If so, they are not crossing the Rockies, but are
crossing the Cascades. Pond makes the same mistake in his notes on page
11. I have a note that the train stopped for a short time "a short
distance from Wellington for about 5 minutes" and that they rolled
rocks down a precipice.  This is likely at a stop known as Ebro.  The
photo certainly looks as if they are standing on the edge of a
precipice.