From:
John Greenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:25:29 -0500
Thanks Dave,
 But you're right...

It IS confusing.

The two potentially pertinent lines are:

1923 through 1963

Published with notice but copyright was not renewed8

None. In the public domain due to copyright expiration

1923 through 1963

Published with notice and the copyright was renewed8

95 years after publication date

Does anyone know if  "the copyright was renewed"?

-John