From:
William Robison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2018 20:59:20 -0500
Tim Gautreaux's "Waiting for the Evening News" is a fantastic short story
based on the all-too-real train derailment in Livingston, Louisiana in 1982
but written from the point of view of the engineer.

--
William B. Robison, PhD
Department Head / Professor of History

History teaches students to read intelligently, think analytically, write
clearly, accurately assess past trends, rationally predict future
developments, and understand the real world. Now *that* is workforce-ready!

History does offer us very real lessons, but they are seldom simple and
straightforward. To understand and benefit from them, you have to know your
history very well. That is why history matters as much as math, science,
technology, or any other subject.

"A young horse is fast, but an old horse knows what's going on." – Muddy
Waters