From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:14:28 -0700
As I've mentioned a few times in the past, I've been recording my
readings, from the works of Mark Twain, as an avatar in the virtual
world of Second Life and posting them on my web site:
http://bsh.bscottholmes.com/MarkTwain

I've been at this for a little more than one year now. This is not for
any commercial gain but because I've long enjoyed reading Mark Twain and
I need some kind of intellectual activity to counteract the daily
drabness of my paying job (but then at least I have a job). I do allow
YouTube and Blib.tv to add commercials to my videos.  I don't think Sam
would have been opposed to trying to capitalize on it.  I think I'm now
up to 9 cents on Blib.tv.

Anyway, this is an invitation for anyone and everyone to visit my pages
and make comments on the pages and/or comments about the material. So
far I've done Roughing It, The Celebrated Jumping Frog..., the first
part of Life on the Mississippi, and some other sketches and I'm
currently recording and producing chapters from The Innocents Abroad.  I
don't claim the videos are of very high quality just that their
production has allowed me to do a bit of deep reading.  The earliest
ones are actually pretty lame.  Most of the chapters from The Innocents
Abroad are an improvement, though.  I've begun to incorporate material
from Wikipedia Commons. These images are public domain. I've also
included footage from the Second Life reading sessions but this tends to
be boring.

The pages also contain images of the newspaper clippings from the Daily
Alta California as well as from the New York Tribune.  I've been using
Traveling with the Innocents Abroad by Daniel McKeithan, 1958 as a
guide.  I hope to be able to spend some time with Ian Strathcarron's
Innocence and War but I must first figure out how to deal with Amazon
Kindle on a Ubuntu mini-tower.  There is something about Amazon's cloud
server but no real download capability.  I may have to buy a paper copy.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback on my project.

Scott