From:
Judith Yaross Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:42:05 -0500
Dear David,

I did find your response to my post about humor studies an inappropriately
personal attack to a professional communication.  A number of others saw it
similarly and told me so off-list. John Bird was not among them, but I
appreciated his calling you to account for turning a serious intellectual
contribution into a teasing remark about how the posting and poster bored
you, and I told him so--also off list.  I did not wish to open myself to
more such attacks by responding publicly, so I held back, but I write now
to assure you are mistaken to conclude that my silence conveyed any kind of
consent.  If you wish to discuss this further, let's do so so in private
email, where I will gladly explain why you were not funny.

Judith Lee

Judith Yaross Lee, Ph.D.
Ohio University
Athens, OH