From:
Larry Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:59:45 -0500
Dear all--

I second Hal's comments.  It was pleasure to see again those  I'd already
met, and to meet others for the first time.  We were very happy to have made
the drive for the event.  In addition to the value of the commentary and
discussion, I also enjoyed meeting some of the grad students and hearing
about their work in progress.

Hal, this time I was little more conservative with the accelerator having
already had the pleasure of meeting a Missouri State trooper on my previous
visit.  In addition to the cost, my meeting was also humbling because I'd
just taken the wheel from my daughter, a student driver at the time whose
difficulty in staying in her lane left her glumly silent in the back seat.
After receiving my little gift from the trooper, I heard her mumble, "_I_
didn't get a ticket."  I was forced to admit that experience doesn't always
count as much as I'd just insisted that it does.  It was a valuable lesson
for both of us, and a nice break in the mood despite the cost.

Hope to see you all somewhere down the road.

Larry Howe