From:
Jocelyn Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 05:34:03 -0700
Mr. Yates, I forwarded your request to Millie Davis from NCTE. The
organization has a division that deals specifically with challenges and
responds quickly to teachers and administrators when such situations arise.
As for "Huck," NCTE recently published an article, addressing the
pedagogical rationale for retaining the novel as well as teaching strategies
and approaches for classroom teachers.

  Jocelyn A. Chadwick

"Kenneth M. Sanderson" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Mr. Yates,

I hope you'll share with the list any responses you get to your query. This
is a question, and a problem, that will not go away and that deserves the
best any of us can give to it.

Ken Sanderson