From:
Terrell Dempsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:07:12 -0500
Just thought I would let you know that the Marion County Historical Society
here in Hannibal is moving forward with plans to re-issue the 1884 History
of Marion County this year.  The book is more than 1000 pages long and is
delightfully problematic with all the flaws inherent in local histories of
the period.  It is, however, a must for any serious Clemens library.
    Present plans call for a pre-publication price of $65.00.  The price
will go up five dollars later.  I will advise when and how orders may be
placed. This edition will include the index Roberta and Hurley Hagood
prepared. It is essential to using the book. Any profits will go to the
historical society.  The organization just completed a nomination for
another historic district here in town.
    My best to all.
    Terrell Dempsey