From:
"M. O'Conner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1993 09:04:14 CDT
Hello Everyone,

I have just started assisting with a research project where I need
to find ALL of the scholarly articles, books and chapters within
books on Twain/Clemens for 1992, excluding dissertations.  I
thought I would first tap the valuable resources of the folks upon
this list and go from there.  Please send replies to me personally
at [log in to unmask]  Also of help would be suggestions
about databases or libraries I might be able to connect to via
Internet to further my search.  Below find what I have found as of
5/14/93.  Thanks, ahead of time, for any help you might offer.

Michael O'Conner
University of Missouri, Columbia

Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens, 1992

Allingham, Philip V.  "Patterns of Deception in 'Huckleberry Finn'
and 'Great Expections.'  Nineteenth-Century Literature (March 1992)
v46 n4 p447.

Arac, Jonathan.  "Nationalism, Hypercanonization, and 'Huckleberry
Finn.'  Boundary 2 (Spring 1992) v19 n1 p14.

Barbarese, J.T.  "Landscapes of the American Psyche.  The Sewanee
Review (Fall 1992) v100 n4 p599.

Barclay, Donald A.  "Interpreted Well Enough:  Two Illustrators'
Vision of Adventures of Huckleberry Finn."  The Horn Book Magazine
(May-June 1992) v68 n3 p311.

Barlow, Dudley.  "Why We Still Need 'Huckleberry Finn.'"
Educational Digest (Sept 1992) v58 n1 p31.

Beidler, Gretchen M.  "Huck Finn as Tourist:  Mark Twain's Parody
Travelogue."  Studies in American Fiction (Autumn 1992) v20 n2
p155.

Beidler, Peter G. "'Fawkes' Identified:  A New Source for
Huckleberry Finn?"  English Language Notes (March 1992) v29 n3 p54.

Britton, Wesley.  "Carlyle, Clemens, and Dickens:  Mark Twain's
Francophobia, the French Revolution, and Determinism."  Studies in
American Fiction (Autumn 1992) v20 n2 p197.

Camfield, Gregg.  "I wouldn't be as ignorant as you for wages":
Huck Talks Back to his Conscience."  Studies in American Fiction
(Autumn 92) v20 n2 p169.

Cioffi, Frank.  "Congenital Transcedentalism and 'the loneliness
which is the truth about things.'" Philosophy (July 15, 1992) v67
nSUPP33 p125.

Crick, Robert Alan.  "Mark Twain, Fenimore Cooper, and Batman."
English Journal (Sept 1992) v81 n5 p72.

Everdale, William R. "Monologues of the Mad:  Paris Cabaret and
Modernist Narrative from Twain to Eliot."  Studies in American
Fiction (Autumn 1992) v20 n2 p177.

Fischer, Victor and Michael B. Frank (eds.). Mark Twain's Letters,
Volume 3.  Berkeley:  University of California Press, 1992.

Gribben, Alan and Nick Karanovich (eds.). Overland with Mark Twain:
James B. Pond's Photographs and jounral of the North American
Lecture Tour of 1895.  Elmira, NY:  Center for Mark Twain Studies
at Quarry Farm, 1992.

Harris, Mark.  "Theodor's Imperfection Creation:  A New Reading of
Mark Twain's 'The Mysterious Stranger.'"  Cithara:  Essays in the
Judaeo Christian Tradition (May 1992) v31 n2 p30.

Hirsh, James.  "Samuel Clemens and the Ghost of Shakespeare."
Studies in the Novel (Fall 1992) v24 n3 p251.

Howe, Lawrence.  "Race, Genealogy, and Genre in Mark Twain's
'Pudd'nhead Wilson.'  Nineteenth-Century Liteature (March 1992) v46
n4 p495.

Kaplan, Justin.  "In Twain We Trust."  The New York Times (Sept 9,
1992) v141 pA13(N) pA21(L).

Lancaster, Marilyn.  "Twain's Search for Reality in 'Life on the
Mississippi.'  The Midwest Quarterly (Winter 1992) v33 n2 p210.

Powell, Jon.  "Trouble and Joy from 'A True Story' to 'Adventures
of Huckleberry Finn':  Mark Twain and the Book of Jeremiah."
Studies in American Fiction (August 1992) v20 n2 p145.

Reif, Rita.  "More Huck Finn adventures, to Buffalo via Hollywood."
The New York Times (August 2, 1992) v141 2 pH24(N) pH24(L).

Trites, Roberta Seelinger.  "Narrative Inconsistencies in Clemens'
'The Innocents Abroad."  Journal of the American Studies
Association of Texas (October 23, 1992) p1.

Twain, Mark "Thirty Thousand Killed a Million." also as "Mark Twain
on American Imperialism." The Atlantic (April 1992) v269 n4 p49/52.

Twain, Mark.  "Twain Tackles the Character Issue."  Harper's
Magazine (May 1992) v284 n1704 p21.

West, Mark I. "A Hannibal Boyhood."  Americana (Oct 1992) v20 n4
p34.

Willis, Resa.  Mark and Livy:  The Love Story of Mark Twain and the
Woman Who Tamed Him.  New York:  Atheneum, 1992.

Zlatic, Thomas D. "The 'seeing eye' and the 'creating mouth':
Litercy and Orality in Mark Twain's 'Joan of Ark'"  CLIO (Spring,
1992) v21 n3 p285.