From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2018 21:27:38 -0500
Larry was a generous mentor, a fountain of encouragement. At the 2015
Hannibal Conference we shared lunch and talked about the west, family
matters, getting old, and Ambrose Bierce. I'm not sure we ever got around to
Mark Twain. I think I'm correct when I recall that the essay he contributed
to the book Kent Rasmussen and I edited was one of two that we could not
find anything to tinker with or tweak. His writing about me in the MTJ was a
kindness, deeply flattering and humbling. So, this news leaves me feeling
sad, and grateful, and lucky to have known him. I know the sadness will fade
and the other feelings will long linger, just as they have for Lou Budd and
Tom Tenney and others.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books