From:
Harold Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:05:06 -0600
it looks great, Steve -- you are now officially among the elite
stratosphere of the Twainiacs with this new accomplishment, so
congratulations.  You have really been a productive writer, and we all
appreciate your many contributions.   I look forward to reading the book.

One thing I was just looking at the other day were the lamentations in the
letters after about 1900-- some with Twichell, where he longs to return to
the house but cannot even bring himself to look at it.  Having had many
conflicting feelings about the "old haunts" myself -- it made me wonder if
MT ever did actually cross the threshold of the old house after his return
to America in 1900; or wander the old rooms??  Does anyone know -- or, did
he just not have the fortitude to see it again?  I can't recall .....

--Hal B.