From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:13:33 -0500
On 6/6/08 7:27 AM, "Ballard, Terry Prof." <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I got a prompt but non-committal letter from Gov. Rell's office.

Me too.  I bet your response looked a lot like this one:

June 4, 2008

Dear Mr. Bush:

Thank you for your email expressing concern about the Mark Twain House.  The
Governor truly appreciates the time you took to write to her office.  Please
accept this response on her behalf.

Governor Rell agrees that the Mark Twain House is a valuable asset to the
state.  The State of Connecticut currently contributes $60,000 a year toward
operating expenses and the Governor will do all that she can to ensure that
we can keep this national treasure.

Thank you for your interest in preserving Connecticutıs history and culture.
Governor Rell promises to keep your comments in mind as she makes decisions
that are in the best interest of all Connecticut residents. Please do not
hesitate to contact our office in the future, should the need arise.

Sincerely,

Linda Sandiaes
Staff Assistant
Office of Governor M. Jodi Rell