From:
Joe Alvarez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2011 01:38:42 -0400
Fellow Twainians,

We are greatly saddened by this news. Mike was a friend to all
Twainians (and, no doubt, others). Our condolences to Ann and his
family.

He will be missed by all of us who knew him, and we hope that his
legacy will spur us on to further scholarship, especially in relation
to Twain biography and autobiography.

Sue and Joe Alvarez
900 Havel Court
Charlotte, NC  28211-4253