From:
Steve Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:38:24 -0400
Putting on my Mark Twain House publicity hat, just to reassure everyone: The
Mark Twain House & Museum does have a full roster of events planned for
2010, and like many of our colleagues is waiting for various funders to say
we can do them. For starters, we're participating in the Hartford Public
Library's Big Read program, their book next year being The Adventures of Tom
Sawyer. And Hartford Stage is putting on a new dramatic version of the book.
There'll be exhibits on on architecture, on Tom, and on Huck. Plenty more to
come, so watch this space, and of course Cindy Lovell's terrific 2010 site.

And let me add to the collective paeans for Barb Snedecor. I don't think
I've ever attended an event that was so seamlessly and deftly organized.

Steve Courtney
Terryville, CT 06786