From:
"B.A. Van Der Wel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:35:29 -0700
Greetings All:

"Coolies"???

Since this word is not being used in a historical context but refers
to a potential activity projected into the future one can only
conclude that it is being used as a racial slur.

Such a completely pejorative term in contemporary usage has no
legitimate use in a forum like this and I would ask that in absence
of historical context or discussion of such that it not be used.
There are dozens of other words in the English language that would
not only better capture the apparent intended meaning but also not
cause insult or injury.

Cordially,
B.A. van der Wel