From:
David Stretch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1992 12:40:40 GMT
Someone asked why I'm on this list. Well, some time ago I was looking for
suitable quotes to put in my sig files, and I got a few of Mark Twain's from
a couple of books. People seemed to like them, and a number of people
started
sending me extra quotes, asking if I knew of them. If I didn't, and I liked
them, I included them in the collection of sig files. This started me
getting
more and more interested in Mark Twain in general, though I was always
mildly interested in him after hearing our BBC radio broadcast a
serialization
of his life, based on biographical information and his writings.

I was told of the list by someone who wanted to know how I got the quotes,
after seeing them on (I think) either stat-l or edstat-l. So, here I am!

David Stretch