From:
Dwayne Eutsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dwayne Eutsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2013 13:36:47 -0700
I have found the occasional religious site online that has said with great certainty (and maybe some delight) that Twain is currently in hell for his alleged atheism (he would say he was there for the company, of course).

Maybe he isn't a more high-profile target because those who would be inclined to attack him for his views on fundamentalist Christianity haven't read many of his works and know him mainly as the folksy guy in white puffing on a cigar and telling tales of boys' adventures along the Mississippi.