From:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2016 19:54:32 +0000
If Kilmer was a hack, I'd be willing to just assume he has no talent, and for that reason alone the movie is an epic flop; but that's not true - I've seen him perform superlatively in other movies.
I almost hate to say it, but his portrayal in the movie I mentioned is so pathetic that it makes me suspicious there is something downright devious about it all. While it falls within the realm of possibility that he really has "lost it," I question his motives, personally.
Twain considered M.B. Eddy a fraud. Kilmer is a Christian Scientist. How positive could his thoughts towards Twain be in those circumstances? Isn't it kind of like "Springtime for Hitler"? - B. Clay Shannon