From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2015 17:06:15 -0500
A couple of people at the conference asked me about a bad boy book, and I’ve misplaced those notes (or have not found them yet). The book in question is indeed by a Jacobson and has “being” in the title, but otherwise my memory was vague. The book is BEING A BOY AGAIN (1994) by Marcia Jacobson. It’s a very good overview of the rise and fall of “bad boy books” and what the common elements were in this kind of literature, with lots of info on Twain. Think of this as the shortest Briefly Noted you’ll ever see me write.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive