From:
Ellen Komp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:45:34 -0700
Thanks for the license to sound off. I like Will Ferrell well enough
(he can rise to the occasion of good writing, as he did in Stranger
than Fiction; and Tina Fey praises his versatility in her book
Bossypants). Still I wonder when the Twain prize will go to a more
political comic, like Bill Maher or Jon Stewart (who was compared to
Twain by Bill Moyers, as noted on this list). It seems to me Twain
would be enjoying The Daily Show or Real Time, were he alive today,
more than Anchorman or Megamind.