YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
John Muscat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
York U. announcements list - READ ONLY
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 20:20:29 GMT
Please distribute as widely as possible.

Over the weekend, CCS will be merging data from YUDS, SIS and our old
Access database in order to facilitate complete account generation for
staff, faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, through MAYA. For
that reason, we are scheduling a MAYA outage from Sunday Oct 13, 6:00pm to
Monday Oct 14, 6:00pm. After this time, all account generation for the
York community will be conducted via MAYA. However, we are anticipating
some account information discrepencies as the information is merged, and
those problamatic accounts that we isolate, will be contacted for account
verification. To see if you are able to use the system,(after the outage)
you should telnet to
maya.yorku.ca. You will be prompted for your CYIN/employee number and
password- (the password is your email password) If you are unable to use
MAYA, you should contact help services, provideing the following
information.
1) full name
2) CYIN- employee number
3) all usernames that you have- and specify for which systems

If you do not yet have any centralized accounts at York, you should
contact Help Services for a MAYA password so that you can then go in and
self generate any accounts you require.

Once your information is correctly in the system, you will be contacted.

This process is complex, and we all will appreciate your patience and
assistance in completing this as smoothly as possible. I will keep you
informed of any problems or updates. If you have any other questions, you
can reach me at [log in to unmask]
 Thanks!

Marion Stehouwer                            *****PLEASE NOTE*****
Email Project Coordinator         MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS IS [log in to unmask]
CCIS, rm T103, Steacie
ext# 33802