AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Robin Keirstead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:06:36 -0400
Greetings to one and all on the AAO List.  I am chairing a City of Kitchener
working group that has been asked to develop terms of reference and
policies/procedures for administering awards and other items that are
presented to the City (either to the corporation as a whole or to specific
departments, programs or individuals).  Specifically, we have been asked to
address how the receipt of such items should be made know, and then how the
award items should be documented, displayed (including circulated to offsite
locations), stored and preserved.  The working group has developed a draft
process but we have also been asked to contact other municipalities and
corporations to see what their practices are.

If you have such a process in place in your organization, I would appreciate
it if you could let me know.  If practical, I would also appreciate it if
you could send me any relevant documentation that you may have.

Please reply directly to me.  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

PS  If you are interested in the results of this informal survey, please let
me know and I can distribute copies of the information that I collect.

Robin Keirstead
Manager of Corporate Records
City of Kitchener
P.O. Box 1118, 200 King St. West