AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
"Foster, Karin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Foster, Karin
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:25:38 -0400
This message is posted on behalf of Sharon Vokes, Clerk, County of Grey. Please see below. Feedback sent to [log in to unmask] would be appreciated. This request for information applies to heritage institutions that operate on a municipal level in particular and to those that combine services.

Yours,
Karin Foster, Heritage Co-ordinator - Archives
P.O. Box 1389
Durham, ON
N0G 1R0
(519) 369-3245
fax (519) 369-6547

Hello,

I am conducting a survey on heritage governance and would appreciate information on how your archives, heritage institution and/or municipality has addressed this subject.

The County of Grey is currently in the process of reviewing its governance structure for its Museum, Archives and Tourism functions.  We currently utilize advisory committees for both the Archives and Tourism and a committee of Council for the Museum.  We have had a formal museum board in the past.

I would appreciate receiving information on the following:

*       Do you have a board or committee for your archives/museum/heritage institution and who is eligible to be a member?
*       Do you have a joint museum/archives committee or board and if so, has this been an issue with respect to your Museum operating grant?

*       Do you have terms of reference for your committee or board and if so would it be possible to receive a copy?
*       Do you have criteria for members of your committee or board and if so would it be possible to receive a copy?
*       Have you considered utilizing the provisions of the Municipal Act with respect to Municipal Service Boards for your museum and archives functions?

Thanks in advance for providing this information. Please send your response to [log in to unmask]

I would be happy to provide a copy of the results of this survey if requested.

Sharon Vokes
Clerk
County of Grey
595 9th Ave. East