From:
[log in to unmask] (Barkley Rosser)
Date:
Tue Jan 2 17:40:03 2007
     I want to thank Greg Ransom for noting this
issue about Hayek's actual authorship of passages
in The Fatal Conceit.  I have heard from more than
one source about this problem of Bartley's overly
vigorous "editing" of that work.  Given that Hayek
and Keynes were personal friends, despite their
deep differences over ideology and theory, it
seems somewhat unlikely and out of character
for Hayek to have been slamming Keynes for
his personal morals, especially so near the end
of his long life.  Certainly such slamming looks
very tacky and unacceptable by today's standards,
whether it was done by Bartley or by Hayek.

Barkley Rosser