From:
[log in to unmask] (Matthias Klaes)
Date:
Fri Jan 12 16:30:05 2007
Jesse Vorst wrote:

>Barkely Rosser wrote:
>
>>In addition to French, German, and Italian, I believe that
>>De Economist in Dutch also predates any of the major English
>>language economics journals.
>
>Correct: 1852. (...)

The Zeitschrift fur die gesamte Staatswissenschaft (since 1985 under
the title Journal for Institutional and Theoretical Economics) has
been published continuously since 1844 (with a break from 1944 to
1948). Sometimes described as the first scholarly economics journal
<http://cepa.newschool.edu/het/essays/journal.htm>

I would welcome being pointed to further articles studying the history
of journals in our field from the early 19th century, beyond those
referenced on the New School website above. Thanks,

Matthias Klaes