AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Suzanne Dubeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Suzanne Dubeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:50:56 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

York University is now accepting applications for the 2007 competition
for the Kent Haworth Archival Research Fellowship.

This fellowship honours the contributions of Kent Haworth (University
Archivist from 1994 until his death in 2003) to York University and the
Canadian archival community.  It is available to full-time doctoral
students working in any discipline at any university who are at the
dissertation stage of their studies, and who wish to use the archival
holdings of the Clara Thomas Archives.  The fellowship provides an award
of $1,250 to support this research.  The deadline for applying to this
year's competition is September 15, 2007.

For information about the fellowship and the application process, please
go to http://www.yorku.ca/grads/index8.htm

For information about the archival holdings of York's Clara Thomas
Archives, go to the following:
http://www.library.yorku.ca/ccm/ArchivesSpecialCollections/index.htm

Our holdings are particularly strong in the areas of fine arts (dance,
film, music and arts administration), Canadian literature, Canadian
women, labour history, education, and social activism.

We would be delighted if colleagues could bring this fellowship to the
attention of researchers who could take advantage of this wonderful
opportunity, or who could pass word along to other interested
individuals.  We welcome your assistance in putting this fellowship to
good use and in the process advancing the archival mission for all our
institutions.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Suzanne Dubeau

--
Suzanne Dubeau, MISt
Assistant Head, Clara Thomas Archives & Special Collections