Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:19:20 -0500
From:
"J.Dean" <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
I'm not sure exactly where it is in the book, but I believe Twain said
something like that in "Life on the Mississippi" about his efforts to
"learn the river".  It's my recollection that it was something Bixby
said to him.  Something about he had to be able to go down the river on
a dark night when you couldn't even see any landmarks the same way he
could go down his hallway at home in the dark.
Jerry