From:
Humberto Barreto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2011 15:59:04 -0400
I don't know how to do a virtual referee whistle, but that's it.

I let Matías Vernengo (last message) have the last word on Allende.
We're done on the death squads topic.

I've communicated privately with several of you, but I'll publicly say
now what a few of you tried to say (and I thank you for your efforts):

This is a history of economics, broadly defined, list. As long as
we're discussing Friedman's role that seems reasonable (and this is
why I felt the conversation stayed within the bounds of our list), but
I'd like you to please self-censor your political opinions. There are
plenty of outlets on the web for you to share your views or you can
discuss Allende's role privately with each other. We need to stay
within the bounds of history of economics.

If you felt I let this go on too long, please forgive me -- as I said,
Friedman's role seems fair game and I did not want to cut off a
fruitful, interesting conversation.

--
Humberto Barreto