From:
"E. Roy Weintraub" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:05:34 -0500

> I am well aware that Keynes was capable of saying different things to
> different people on the same issue, but I'm surprised that the preface to
> the German edition is different in English from the one in German!

In my soon to appear "Keynesian Historiography and the Anti-Semitism
Question" (History of Political Economy, vol. 44 no. 1 (2012), pp.
41-67), I quote from a letter from Patinkin to Skidelsky in which he
referred to Keynes' unpublished note on Einstein as "even worse than
the morally insensitive Preface to the German edition". Skidelsky has
a discussion of the German Preface of course. Put another way, and to
reconnect to the Subject line, this is well-known "old stuff" for
Keynes scholars like Bateman and Backhouse.

--
E. Roy Weintraub
Professor of Economics