From:
"E. Roy Weintraub" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 16:18:56 -0400
To my knowledge, there has been nothing written by anyone except for
PAS on this topic (although I have not gone through all the
festschriften). PAS's writings are available in the now 7 volume
Collected Papers, where where all the published HET material is spread
over several of the volumes.His essay for HES on Whig History of HET
is reprinted there. His own papers, now at Duke, of course contain a
great deal of material on his forays into HET. To attempt to "capture"
his methodology about HET, given that he was continuously, over more
than half a century, reconstructing his intellectual persona, suggests
that the topic you are inquiring about is at least a dissertation, or
a book, and not an essay.

--
E. Roy Weintraub
Professor of Economics